These cookies are a perfect combination of deliciousness with the flavor complexity of fermented flour!
200 grams soft unsalted butter
160 grams sugar
1 large egg
1 cup sourdough starter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
250 grams flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 or 2 cups chocolate chips (we have made with 1 or 2 cups – add 2 cups if you prefer more chocolatey cookies)
Making The Cookies
1. In a bowl combine the softened butter and sugar.
2. Add the egg and stir.
3. Add the sourdough starter and vanilla extract, stir.
4. Add the flour and salt, stir.
5. Add the chocolate chips.
6. Refrigerate the dough for 15 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 165°C.
8. Drop spoonfuls (2-3 tablespoons) of dough onto a baking sheet.
9. Bake 8-10 minutes.