If you are into healthier dips or sauces, then go with yogurt based dips. They are light and healthy and the yogurt’s slightly tangy taste gives that extra zing to the dip.
This healthy and deliciously creamy feta yogurt dip is very easy to make and it pairs perfectly with pretty much anything – roasted and grilled vegetables, mashed potatoes, fries or as a topping for meats and kebabs. It only has a few ingredients and can be put together in under 5 minutes.
It is a great healthier lighter version of a ranch dip, as it is made with yogurt instead of with mayonnaise.
I add feta to the dip to make it a bit thicker and creamier but if you want yours to be thinner, then simply omit the feta.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 cup (100 gr) feta cheese
- 1 cup (200gr) yogurt (Bulgarian, Greek, Skyr, anything really)
- 1 roasted paper (optional)
- a bunch of dill
- Add garlic, dill and cheese in a blender or a kitchen robot and mix well until smooth and creamy. If you are doing it manually, then mince the garlic, chop the dill and mash them well together with the feta using a fork. If you are using roasted pepper, chop and add in at this step as well.
- Add yogurt and mix by hand (the blender will liquify it too much so instead just mix by hand)